Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Philippe Couas <pc...@orange.fr> on 2014/04/16 07:03:26 UTC

tomcat 7.0.53 error

Hi, I want migrate from tomcat 7.0.52 to 7.0.53. My tomcat is launched in standalone mode from command line (linux level3)Currently i have a servlet that create image to disk and only with last version i have following error message"Exception in thread "http-bio-8080-exec-10" java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable."Same servlet running perfect with previous version. RegardsPhil

Re: tomcat 7.0.53 error

Posted by Martin Knoblauch <kn...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 7:03 AM, Philippe Couas <pc...@orange.fr> wrote:

> Hi, I want migrate from tomcat 7.0.52 to 7.0.53. My tomcat is launched in
> standalone mode from command line (linux level3)Currently i have a servlet
> that create image to disk and only with last version i have following error
> message"Exception in thread "http-bio-8080-exec-10"
> java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0.0' as
> the value of the DISPLAY variable."Same servlet running perfect with
> previous version. RegardsPhil

Hi Philippe,

 seems some [new] component wants to talk to the X server. Can you try to
add "-Djava.awt.headless=true" to the JAVA_OPTS when starting Tomcat? We
are using that to avoid dependence on X11 in our application.

Cheers
Martin
Martin Knoblauch
email: k n o b i AT knobisoft DOT de