Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Wolle <wo...@dorf.RWTH-Aachen.DE> on 2001/04/27 14:32:44 UTC

Mem uses will grow Up on heavy Load

Hello,

My Servlet Enviroment is : Tomcat3.2.2b2 , Apache 1.3.17-10,mod_ssl
2.7.1-0, SUSE 7.1, ajp13 with mod_jk.

When i ran my Servlets, the Memusage will grow up, thats normal ;-))
But when you make massiv Client request, the memusage rise extremly.
The shell brings Messages from "Broken pipe", when  I start a new
request, bevor the old one is answered.I have a Load from 70% of 98 MB
Ram.
when i wait, the Mem will never becomes free.
What does TOmcat, when a exception is thrown ? Don't give it all the
resources free ? What becomes with a Servlet Instanz, when the doPost or
doGet Methode is done ? Stay it in the Mem ? Must I call the destroy()
Methode to do this ? How could I avoid these heavy and resistent mem
load ? I will have a sercure site, and when it hangs Up the system with
simple massivs request, it will be not so good. ;-)
Is this right, or have I misunderstood some things with the Servlet
implementation.
I hope someone  knows a reslution for this,

Please please help,
thank you for inconvenience,
Michael Wollenhaupt