Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Jonas <ba...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/06 11:10:44 UTC

Re: Warnings from RequestCycle.handleException(Exception)

I agree that this might be a useful default in some cases, but how about at
least using a
separate Logger instance for this, so we can get rid of
these warnings without silencing all of RequestCycle's logging?

Cheers,
Jonas

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Jonas <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Jonas <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree that this might be a useful default in some cases, but how about at
> least using a
> separate Logger instance for this, so we can get rid of
> these warnings without silencing all of RequestCycle's logging?

I don't mind doing this change.

> Cheers,
> Jonas
>

> On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 11:12 PM, Igor Vaynberg <igor.vaynberg@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > in many cases this exception will lead to the error page, so its not
> > just debugging information. this is the case i would rather wicket be
> > loud by default to help while developing and have interested parties
> > silence the logger in production systems...

The log is already wrapped in "if (Application.exists() &&
Application.get().usesDevelopmentConfig())" so it wont write anything in
production.