Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Shiva Kumar <sh...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/30 14:49:12 UTC

Gracefully shutting down the data grid

Hi all,

I am trying to deactivate a cluster which is being connected with few
clients over JDBC.
As part of these clients connections, it inserts some records to many
tables and runs some long-running queries.
At this time I am trying to deactivate the cluster [basically trying to
take data backup, so before this, I need to de-activate the cluster] But
de-activation is hanging and control.sh not returning the control and hangs
infinitely.
when I check the current cluster state with rest API calls it sometime it
returns saying cluster is inactive.
After some time I am trying to activate the cluster but it returns this
error:

[root@ignite-test]# curl "
http://ignite-service-shiv.ignite.svc.cluster.local:8080/ignite?cmd=activate&user=ignite&password=ignite"
 | jq
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
 Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
 Speed
100   207  100   207    0     0   2411      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--
 2406
{
  "successStatus": 0,
  "sessionToken": "654F094484E24232AA74F35AC5E83481",
  "error": "*Failed to activate, because another state change operation is
currently in progress: deactivate\nsuppressed: \n*",
  "response": null
}

This means that my earlier de-activation has not succeeded properly.
Is there any other way to de-activate the cluster or to terminate the
existing client connections or to terminate the running queries.
I tried "kill -k -ar" from visor shell but it restarts few nodes and it
ended up with some exception related to page corruption.
Note: My Ignite deployment is on Kubernetes

Any help is appreciated.

regards,
shiva

Re: Gracefully shutting down the data grid

Posted by Denis Mekhanikov <dm...@gmail.com>.
Shiva,

What version of Ignite do you use and do you have security configured in the cluster?

There was a bug in Ignite before version 2.7, that has similar symptoms: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-7624
It’s fixed under the following ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-9535

Try updating to the latest version of Ignite and see if the issue is resolved there.

If this is not your case, then please collect thread dumps from all nodes and share them in this thread. Logs will also be useful.
Please don’t add it to the message body, use attachment.

Posted by Denis Mekhanikov <dm...@gmail.com>.
Shiva,

Fwd: Gracefully shutting down the data grid

Posted by Shiva Kumar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,