Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jeffrey Benedict <Je...@us.usana.com> on 2012/06/27 18:34:18 UTC

Runtime error while starting struts2 application

I have followed a struts2 tutorial (http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11/docs/simple-setup.html), adding minimal jars.  I get the application to start up, but get a runtime exception:

Caught Exception while registering Interceptor class org.apache.struts2.interceptor.validation.AnnotationValidationInterceptor
at com.opensymphony.xwork2.ObjectFactory.buildInterceptor(ObjectFactory.java:214)
                at com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.InterceptorBuilder.constructInterceptorReference(InterceptorBuilder.java:70)
                at com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.lookupInterceptorReference(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:1043)
                at com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.loadInterceptorStack(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:860)
                at com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.loadInterceptorStacks(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:873)
                at com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.loadInterceptors(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:896)
                at com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.addPackage(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:476)
                at com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.loadPackages(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:286)
                at org.apache.struts2.config.StrutsXmlConfigurationProvider.loadPackages(StrutsXmlConfigurationProvider.java:112)
                at com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.impl.DefaultConfiguration.reloadContainer(DefaultConfiguration.java:234)
                at com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.ConfigurationManager.getConfiguration(ConfigurationManager.java:66)

I have researched online about this error.  There isn’t a ton of information on this error, other than in previous versions of the xwork jar, this bug was introduced.  The bug was supposedly fixed.  My version of the xwork jar (2.3.4) is way after the version where the supposed fix was made.  Either the bug was re-introduced, or I am missing something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff Benedict

[cid:image1a92e7.JPG@ac3eaae6.42b36188]

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Re: Runtime error while starting struts2 application

Posted by Łukasz Lenart <lu...@gmail.com>.
2012/6/27 Jeffrey Benedict <Je...@us.usana.com>

>   I have followed a struts2 tutorial (
> http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11/docs/simple-setup.html), adding minimal
> jars.  I get the application to start up, but get a runtime exception:****
>
> **

Try to use appropriate version of docs

http://struts.apache.org/2.3.4/docs/simple-setup.html

Regards
--
Łukasz
mobile +48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: Runtime error while starting struts2 application

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.
Without knowing anything about what version of S2 you're attempting to work
with, it's tough to help. I'm a little surprised that's all of the
exception, I would have expected a cause.

You can't randomly mix-and-match different versions of libraries, though.

Dave

(pardon brevity, typos, and top-quoting; on cell)