Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Vamshi Krishna <va...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/09 15:45:44 UTC

hbase mapreduce running though command line

Hi,
i want to run mapreduce program to insert data to tables in hbase. my
cluster has  3 machines. If i want to run that program through command
line, where can i do so..? should i do
${Hadoop_Home}/bin/hadoop jar MyJavaProg.jar java_mainclass_file source
destn
here MyJavaProg.jar is the jar of my java project , in which i wrote java
main class named java_mainclass_file , where i wrote map reduce class
consisting of map method only(i dont require reduce). i passed arguments to
that main method, as arguments through Fileformat.addinput(..),
Fileformat.setoutput(..) methods.  source and destn are locations inside
DFS.
when i tried to create jar of my whole java project from eclipse, i got
alert that, 'conf directory of HBase was not exported to jar', So how to
run my program through command line to insert data into hbase table..?? can
anybody help??

--
*Regards*
*

Re: hbase mapreduce running though command line

Posted by Vamshi Krishna <va...@gmail.com>.
i tried to run the program from eclipse, but during that , i could not see
any job running on the jobtracker/tasktracker web UI pages. i observed that
on the eclipse localJobRunner is executing , so that job is not submitted
to the whole cluster, but its executing on that name node machine alone.
So i thought of generating jar of my whole project from eclipse, in which
conf folder of the hbase was added as external class folder to its build
path. When i am trying to jar my project folder with the help of
eclipse(File->export->java->jar FILE->....), one alert is coming like 'the
jar has been generated except conf folder in the build path'. So, without
conf folder in the jar, i tried to execute from command line , as i
mentioned in the last mail.

how can i run my mapreduce program on the hadoop cluster from the
eclipse..? Any configuration settings should i make ..? please help..

--
*Regards*
*

Re: hbase mapreduce running though command line

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.