Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Oliver Zeigermann <oz...@c1-fse.de> on 2004/05/26 10:22:26 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Changelog

Folks!

Experience has shown the changelog.xml is not maintained properly by
anybody (including myself). I guess this is because changes to it are
far too complicated to be done adhoc - and that's what you want to do
when you fix a bug or add a feature.

Because of this I propose to drop support of the changelog and instead
type everything in pure text to the appropriate release notes files.

I have just added RELEASE-NOTES-2.1M1 and filled in initial stuff as a
template.

Please with every non-minor commit, add something to it.

Cheers,

Oliver