Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Aleksei Udatšnõi <a....@gmail.com> on 2011/10/28 21:28:55 UTC

deployment of recommender servlets

I have implemented two recommender servlets (to be consumed by other
application) using Mahout: user-based and item-based ones. Although
these two algorithms are totally different, there are some common
parts among these servlets. For example, the db connection and output
writing logic use the same code. So I have both of these servlets in
the same Maven project and they extend from one parent class.

Now the challenge here is that I want to deploy these servlets
separately, perhaps even on different Tomcat servers. Thus I need to
generate two WARs, but Maven does not recommend to do it from one
project.

What would you recommend: split them into two Maven projects; generate
two WARs from one project despite of Maven's best-practices or perhaps
any other solution?

Thank you
Aleksei

Re: deployment of recommender servlets

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Generate more than one project or use a multi-module project.  It provides
very nice documentation properties to have one artifact per project (or
module).  That is the point of conventions.

Posted by VIGNESH PRAJAPATI <vi...@gmail.com>.
ya aleksei, can you share that  two servlet or mahout with me, so i
can checkout  either its dependent or arbitary dependent and then
futher deployment procedure..and which database you have used?

--

*Vignesh Prajapati* ****
Tel: 9427415949 |