Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2022/03/24 23:06:24 UTC

NetBeans 13, subversion, buildnumber plugin, Macintosh failed build

I'm trying to help a user on a Macintosh use NetBeans 13. I do not have
a Macintosh.

Our pom.xml has the buildnumber-maven-plugin that runs in the validate
phase. It populates some properties (revision and branch) to be added to
a couple of files via resource filtering.

This works fine on Windows and Linux. It also works fine on the user's
Macintosh on the command line.

The build failed error only occurs on a Macintosh when running from
aproject->Clean and Build in NetBeans.

The error happens when executing the following (part of mvn -X):

Executing: /bin/sh -c cd '/Users/auser/NetBeansProjects/aproject' && 'svn'
     '--username' 'auser' '--password' '*****' '--no-auth-cache'
     '--non-interactive' 'info'

The error is:

Failed to execute goal
org.codehaus.mojo:buildnumber-maven-plugin:3.0.0:create (default) on
project aproject:
     Cannot get the revision information from the scm repository :
     Exception while executing SCM command.:
     Error while executing command.
     Error while executing process.
     Cannot run program "svn" (in directory
     "/Users/auser/NetBeansProjects/aproject"): error=2,
     No such file or directory

aproject->Subversion->Update->Update to HEAD works as expected.

The Preferences->Team->Subversion->Preferred Client (CLI) has the path
/usr/local/bin.

Opening a Terminal window in NetBeans (Window->IDE Tools->Terminal),
changing to /Users/auser/NetBeansProjects/aproject and executing mvn
package works as expected.

Subversion was installed via brew. NetBeans was installed from the .dmg.

I'm currently at a loss.

Any ideas would be welcome.

. . . just my two cents
/mde/

Re: NetBeans 13, subversion, buildnumber plugin, Macintosh failed build

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

Thanks for responding.

I can't check since the Macintosh user is not around at present.
However, while reading brew documentation it says that there are soft
links to /usr/local/bin for all the installations.

If I was writing an installation system, that's how I would do it. That
way you can upgrade by installing software in one place and moving the
links. If the upgrade causes grief, you can just move the links back. If
the upgrade is good, you can then uninstall the older version.

I do that with lots of frequently  upgraded software on my Linux platforms.

. . . just my two cents
/mde/

Posted by Juan Miguel Escribano <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,