Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Kamal Bhatt <kb...@tt.com.au> on 2007/10/26 06:32:12 UTC

Writing your own Ajax components in CForms

Hi,
I would like to write some Ajax based components in CForms. However, I
don't really follow the code (and Dojo). Does anyone have any resources
on writing Ajax based components in CForms?

Cheers.

--
Kamal Bhatt

Re: Writing your own Ajax components in CForms

Posted by Kamal Bhatt <kb...@tt.com.au>.
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Kamal Bhatt pisze:
>
>> Hi,
>> I would like to write some Ajax based components in CForms. However, I
>> don't really follow the code (and Dojo). Does anyone have any resources
>> on writing Ajax based components in CForms?
>>

> Could you elaborate on your plans and needs? Do you plan to write full custom widget?
>
> AFAIK you don't need to care that much about AJAX when developing new Forms widget. Most of the
> tedious work of handling AJAX is done by CForms.
>
> If you give more details I'll try to write some list of things you need to do.

There are two main concerns:

1. I would like to better handle validation errors in tabs (see here:
http://www.nabble.com/Tabs-and-CForms-t4630685.html). My colleagues have
concerns about the approach I have taken, and so do I.
2. I am not happy with some of the functionality provided by the
repeater table, in particular in line editing. For example, I would like
to support whole row editing.

Also, I would generally like to have a better understanding of what is
going on. This would be beneficial for building forms, particularly as I
have some rather specific requirements for widgets. For example, I see a
lot of code for Google maps (which could be useful), but no
understanding on how to use it and I cannot easily find out from code.
In the past, myself and my company as a whole have done a lot of
internal widget development (including integration our own Calendar code
and integrating a colour picker) and I would prefer not having any
suprises when we upgrade to the new version of CForms (still using 2.1.7
CForms).

Thanks.

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.