Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by av...@allesta.com on 2005/06/12 00:34:11 UTC

Sandesha Beta Feedback

Hi Folks,

Thanks for getting an official release out for Sandesha!

Here are some initial feedback/comments/requests:

0. Can the released jar files be published in a well-known location, like
http://ibiblio.org/maven or http://cvs.apache.org/repository ??

1. The Sandesha distribution is bundled with Axis 1.2 RC2.  Are there any known
integration issues with Axis 1.2 final or Axis 1.2.1?

2. We are integrating Sandesha into an existing web application that contains
Axis 1.2.  If the web application is deployed without a server-config.wsdd
under WEB-INF, Axis will create one for you by grabbing a copy out of axis.jar.
 The problem is Sandesha-beta.jar also has a server-config.wsdd and this is the
one that Axis finds in the classpath first and uses.  For many reasons, it
would be preferable not to have this conflict.  Could this be removed or
renamed from Sandesha-beta.jar?

Please let me know if you need more clarification from my end.

Thanks!!

Al

RE: Sandesha Beta Feedback

Posted by Jaliya Ekanayake <ja...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Al,

Thanks for your interest on Sandesha.

0. Yes, we may be able to do this, need to get some help from the
infrastructure guys and will let you know soon.

1. We are shifting Sandesha with Axis 1.2 RC2 but we have tested it with 1.2
as well, and it works fine after Axis 1.2 RC2.

2. Since this is a beta release we cannot do revisions to it and we will
remove this in the RC1 of Sandesha (hope to release this soon as well),
however this file can be removed from the jar and use without a problem. (We
just tested this and it works find)

Thanks again for the feedback.

Jaliya