Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Natarajan, Prabakaran 1. (NSN - IN/Bangalore)" <pr...@nsn.com> on 2014/08/11 08:19:25 UTC

Tez part of YARN?

Hi

I read many articles/diagrams as like Tez bundled with Hadoop 2.0 by default.  Snipped from a article:

"Hadoop 2 has a specialized AM for MapReduce and another more generalized application framework called Tez that allows generic directed-acyclic-graphs (DAGs) of execution."

My understanding is "Tez is one of the YARN apps - which helps to execute tasks in DAG.  Tez needs to installed on top on YARN - it is not bundled in Hadoop 2 by default"

Is my understanding correct? Please give detail.

Thanks and Regards
Prabakaran.N

Re: Tez part of YARN?

Posted by Nicolas Maillard <nm...@hortonworks.com>.
Hello

Your are correct Tez is a yarn app or client to be more precise. It is not
bundled by default in hadoop 2, same as pig for example it is up to you to
add it. Tez and pig are actually close in that sense that they are not
services to be installed exactly but rather clients to be added and used,
so very light wait to add no specific daemons etc..

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Tez part of YARN?

Posted by Nicolas Maillard <nm...@hortonworks.com>.
Hello

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Tez part of YARN?

Posted by Subroto Sanyal <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Prabakarn,

Tez is also a YARN app which helps to execute DAG. Tez is not part of
Hadoop 2 by default; one has to install it:
http://tez.apache.org/install.html

More details:
http://tez.apache.org/index.html

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 11:49 AM, Natarajan, Prabakaran 1. (NSN -

--
Cheers,
*Subroto Sanyal*

Re: Tez part of YARN?