Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/08 22:23:12 UTC

[VOTE] Release Kafka 0.7.0 incubating candidate 6

Hi,
This is the sixth candidate for the first incubator release for Apache
Kafka, version 0.7.0-incubating. There were a few binary distribution
related concerns in the last RC. This candidate is published to fix those,
and include all dependent jars, except those in boot and test.

It also fixes the following issues:
http://people.apache.org/~nehanarkhede/kafka-0.7.0-incubating-candidate-6/RELEASE-NOTES.html

*** Please download, test and vote by Nov 11th, noon

Note that we are voting upon the source (revision), binaries are
provided for convenience.

Source and binary files:
http://people.apache.org/~nehanarkhede/kafka-0.7.0-incubating-candidate-6/

The SVN revision to be voted upon:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/kafka/branches/0.7@1199132

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/kafka/KEYS

Note that the Incubator PMC needs to vote upon the release after a
successful PPMC vote before any release can be made official.

Thanks,
Neha

Re: [VOTE] Release Kafka 0.7.0 incubating candidate 6

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me. Quick start works and system tests pass.

Jun

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.
+1

Checksum and signature match, tests all passed. Assuming no included
jars changed between RC5 and RC6, the licensing appears to be in
order, too. -C

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <ad...@toolazydogs.com>.
- artifact has been properly signed
- I have confirmed that all the jars that are included the distribution are AL 2.0 compatible

+1

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

-Jay

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Never mind.  Did a packages and re-ran tests and everything's fine.

Regards,
Alan

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <ad...@toolazydogs.com>.

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Kafka 0.7.0 incubating candidate 6

Posted by Mark <st...@gmail.com>.
Should the ruby gem version be bumped to coincide with the release? Its
currently at 0.5

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
:) There's no such think as voting deadlines but, with that said, should we not conclude this vote?

Regards,
Alan

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joel Koshy <jj...@gmail.com>.