Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Oliver Nolden <ol...@yahoo.de> on 2006/12/19 15:12:15 UTC

Possible to not store incoming mails?

Hi!

  Is it possible to not store incoming mails?

  In my use case JAMES should receive mails from another mail server, the a custom mailet extracts some data of the mails and send these data to an application via sockets.

  I do not want to store the incoming mails on James for performance and security reasons.

  Can I configure JAMES in config.xml, so that it does not store incoming mails? If yes, how?

  Or could my custom mailet remove/delete the mail after sending the data to the application?

---------------------------------
Besseren Schutz gegen Spam - jetzt bei dem neuen Yahoo! Mail .

Re: Possible to not store incoming mails?

Posted by Oliver Nolden <ol...@yahoo.de>.
Thank you very much!

Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> schrieb:  Oliver Nolden wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to not store incoming mails?
>
> In my use case JAMES should receive mails from another mail server, the a custom mailet extracts some data of the mails and send these data to an application via sockets.
>
> I do not want to store the incoming mails on James for performance and security reasons.
>
> Can I configure JAMES in config.xml, so that it does not store incoming mails? If yes, how?
>
> Or could my custom mailet remove/delete the mail after sending the data to the application?

If you don't use ToRepository or LocalDelivery mailet then the message
is not permanently stored.
During processing the message is temporarily stored in spools, but it
will get deleted as soon as your mailet process it and set the state to
GHOST.

Stefano

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Possible to not store incoming mails?

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.