Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Lists <li...@psycholutions.com> on 2013/01/30 15:55:00 UTC

URGENT: ASNext and FlashPlayer Next are DEAD!

Read it on:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplatform/whitepapers/roadmap.edu.html

c u stevie

Re: URGENT: ASNext and FlashPlayer Next are DEAD!

Posted by Avi Kessner <ak...@gmail.com>.
Or we will see the death of Javascript and the rise of Actionscript native
in the browser :D

brought to you by the letters A, V, and I
and the number 47

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.
Well it's not dead per se.  It looks to be adding them into the "web based virtual machines".   I am hoping they will just make a new namespace inside AS so you can keep your old components while having the ability to transition in some new features.  Such as moving from MX to Spark.  Then we could keep our idea of compiling for X.

"At the same time, Adobe plans to continue its next-generation virtual machine and language work as part of the larger web community doing such work on web-based virtual machines."

-Mark

RE: URGENT: ASNext and FlashPlayer Next are DEAD!

Posted by Antonio Ortiz <ze...@hotmail.com>.
That Alex Hauri already says when published...