Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Nitesh Nandy <ni...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/06 11:47:44 UTC

Issue with Solrcloud /solr 4.0 : Discrepancy in number of groups and ngroups value

We are using Solr 4.0 (svn build 30th may, 2012) with Solr Cloud. While
querying, we use field collpasing with ngroups set to true. However, there
is a difference in the number of results got and the "ngroups" value
returned.

Ex:
http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=messagebody:monit%20AND%20usergroupid:3&&group=true&group.field=id&facet.limit=20&group.ngroups=true

The values returned are like

<int name="matches">10</int>
<int name="ngroups">9</int>

Actual groups returned :4

Why do we have this discrepancy in the ngroups, matches and actual number
of groups.

Earlier we were using the same query with solr 3.5 (without solr cloud) and
it was giving correct results. Any kind of help is appreciated.

Nitesh Nandy