Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Renen Watermeyer <re...@121.co.za> on 2011/04/14 22:33:45 UTC

code to contribute

Hello,

I have some code that we have made extensive use of over the last few
years. There's no rocket science to the code, and the code could
undoubtedly be improved. But, the mailets might ease other people's
adoption of James, they have been in production for a while, and, we
certainly the mailets useful!

There are three mailets:

1.	The first POSTs the entire email to a configurable URL
2.	The second pushes key email fields as query string parameters to a
configurable URL
3.	The third classifies bounce notifications by parsing the content of the email

I can simply paste the code into an email to this list. Or, I could
setup a project on github. Or, I can contribute them to the James
project.

My suspicion is that, given that the code has dependencies on Apache
Commons, it might not be suitable for inclusion in the base James.
Never mind my doubts about the code quality. :-)

I think an opportunity would be missed if the code were simply pasted
into emails. But, a shared Github repository of mailets may be useful.

Or perhaps these are too trivial to warrant any of the approaches!

How should I proceed?

Renen.

Re: code to contribute

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi Renen,

Many tks for your contributions.
I quickly looked at the code and SerialiseToHTTP and HeadersToHTTP is
really good and comprehensive. I will commit them in james trunk.

I also looked at the ClassifyBounce mailet which uses the Classifier.
My only comment would be that the patterns used to classify the mails
are not configurable (we could imagine rely on the mailet coded
patterns, and add some additional patterns via configuration).
Anyway, this is also very good, and I will commit them (or will wait for
your new version if you tell me you want to update it).

Tks,
- Eric

Re: code to contribute

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: Life after the Wild Card - please contact me?

Posted by Stephen Hulbert <st...@afra.co.za>.