Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Abhijit Chanda <ab...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/17 14:54:39 UTC

Bad Request: Duplicate index name

Hi all,

I am using a CF which is of 50 columns X 1M rows. As per my requirement
suddenly i have
to add a new column into the CF. After creating the new column when i tried
to index that
particular column, its reflecting bad request.
I have gone through this link
http://cassandra-user-incubator-apache-org.3065146.n2.nabble.com/Default-behavior-of-generate-index-name-for-columns-td6586428.html
But Still not able to figure out the root of the problem? I am using
Cassandra 1.0.10.
Any suggestions

Thanks,
Abhijit

Re: Bad Request: Duplicate index name

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
Can you provide:

* the CF existing schema and output from nodetool cfstats
* the command you are running
* the error you get

Also it's handy to know what version the schema was originally created in.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton