Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "squallmat ." <sq...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/22 16:53:50 UTC

resize image before upload

Hello,
I would like to upload a client-resized image. I don't see tools for that
in tapestry documentation. Is it possible to use javascript to handle file
iploading and resize image before populating UploadedFile Object ?

Re: resize image before upload

Posted by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com>.
Are you having difficulties trying to create a Tapestry component that
integrates with your JS?

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 8:47 AM, squallmat . <sq...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What I mean is, I don't know how to integrate a javascript-modified file
> into a tapestry form. I know how to do for a field and "primitive" type
> information with javascript textually changing the appearance of the form
> before submitting it... but for a file ? How can it be done ?

> thiagohp@gmail.com>
> :
>
> > On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 12:45:05 -0300, squallmat . <sq...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >  ok great,
> >> but what I don't know it's how to integrate javascript functions on a
> >> file and integrate the result in the UploadedFile Object.
> >>

> > Then this is outside of Tapestry's (and this mailing list's) scope.
> >

> > --
> > Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> > Tapestry, Java and Hibernate consultant and developer
> > http://machina.com.br

George Christman
www.CarDaddy.com
P.O. Box 735
Johnstown, New York

Re: resize image before upload

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 09:47:00 -0300, squallmat . <sq...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> What I mean is, I don't know how to integrate a javascript-modified file
> into a tapestry form.

The same way you would in a non-Tapestry form. My advice: try to make it
work without Tapestry (i.e. editing the image in JavaScript) first, then
try it with Tapestry.

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
wrote:

> What I mean is, I don't know how to integrate a javascript-modified file
> into a tapestry form.

The same way you would in a non-Tapestry form. My advice: try to make it
work without Tapestry first. Your question so far is too vague to get a
good answer.

Posted by "squallmat ." <sq...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "squallmat ." <sq...@gmail.com>.