Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/26 09:52:14 UTC

Mailer Visualizer

Hello,
This element might be more useful if we can make some enhancements to it:

   - First rename it as its name is far from clear. Something like Mail
   Alerter
   - Make it send notifications on richer conditions:
      - Percentile 90 of response time (Excluding Transaction Controller)
      reaching a limit
      - Errors percentage reaching a limit
      - Burst in error percentage
      - ...
      - Possibly be able to express a rule in Groovy

Currently it seems to me far from useful as is.

Regards

Philippe

Re: Mailer Visualizer

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 26 February 2017 at 12:51, Philippe Mouawad
<ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 1:44 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 26 February 2017 at 12:33, Philippe Mouawad
>> <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> it:

>> Mail
>> Controller)

>> listener.
>> >>
>> > In my understanding Assertion applies on every sample. Can it apply to a
>> > history of samplers ?
>>
>> Listeners also apply to each sample, yet the Mailer Visualizer is able
>> to look at history, so Assertions can use the same technique.
>>
>> > Maybe a simple addition would be to allow Mailer Visualizer to send a
>> mail
>> > based on variable or property value (true/ false).
>> > This would make it very flexible. We could this way combine it with
>> > GenerateSummary Result or a dedicated "Alert" listener which could set
>> this
>> > variable or property.
>>
>> That would be better, but the "Alert" test element should be an
>> Assertion not a Listener.
>>
> Its usage would be confusing .
> Assertion are here to mark a sampler in error, so you could randomly get
> any sampler marked in error whenever the alert conditions are met.

Depends on how the Alert assertion records the outcome.

It would not make sense to change the sample status.

> A listener is more "global" as such it seems to me a better place for that.

I don't see a Listener that way; it is a test element that processes
samples, just as an Assertion processes samples.
It is only global if it is in global scope.

An assertion analyses sampler responses.
A listener records or displays them.

Therefore the Alert element should be an Assertion.

Re: Mailer Visualizer

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.

--
Cordialement.