Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org> on 2015/05/06 09:31:23 UTC

[VOTE] Struts 2.3.24

The Apache Struts 2.3.24 test build is now available. With this release:
- fixed flow in DefaultActionInvocation and when using the Convention
Plugin, see WW-4433
- defined new plugin to support Java 8, check Java 8 Support Plugin
and see WW-4435
- fixed problem with style attribute, see WW-4430
- fixed problem with converting values from ActionContext, see WW-4427
- converters are again applied to values coming from the context, see WW-4427
- struts.ognl.allowStaticMethodAccess works again, see WW-4429
- fixed memory leak in CDI plugin, see WW-4441
- fixed problem with hidden field which silently drops 'label'
attribute, see WW-4447
- fixed parameters encoding in ServletRedirectAction before checking
for valid URI, see WW-4448
- css_xhtml hidden input adding table row markup, see WW-4454
- FreeMarker was upgraded to the latest available version - 2.3.22,
see WW-4484 - which means you can enable incompatible improvements
- support for Log4j2 was added, see WW-4492

and few other small improvements, please see the release notes

Security note:
This release contains the same fixes as in version 2.3.20.1

Release notes:
* https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Version+Notes+2.3.24

Maven 2 staging repository:
* https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/

Once you have had a chance to review the test build, please respond
with a vote on its quality:

[ ] Leave at test build
[ ] Alpha
[ ] Beta
[ ] General Availability (GA)

Everyone who has tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC
members are considered binding. A vote passes if there are at least
three binding +1s and more +1s than -1s.

The vote will remain open for at least 72 hours, longer upon request.
A vote can be amended at any time to upgrade or downgrade the quality
of the release based on future experience. If an initial vote
designates the build as "Beta", the release will be submitted for
mirroring and announced to the user list. Once released as a public
beta, subsequent quality votes on a build may be held on the user
list.

As always, the act of voting carries certain obligations. A binding
vote not only states an opinion, but means that the voter is agreeing
to help do the work.

Kind regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.3.24

Posted by Christoph Nenning <Ch...@lex-com.net>.

> > +1 Binding
> >
> > Markus Fischer
>
> Thanks Markus! But I need one more vote from PMC to get 3x binding
> votes :) Still waiting...

I hope I find time this afternoon to do some tests and then vote.

Regards,
Christoph

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.3.24

Posted by Rene Gielen <rg...@apache.org>.
Just to make it clear: as of today, Christoph's vote is technically
binding by all means :)

@Christoph: later today you'll get a mail with further information

- René

--
René Gielen
http://twitter.com/rgielen

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.3.24

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
>> > +1 Binding
>> >
>> > Markus Fischer
>>
>> Thanks Markus! But I need one more vote from PMC to get 3x binding
>> votes :) Still waiting...
>>

> Looks fine, here we go:
>

> +1 binding
>

> [ ] Leave at test build
> [ ] Alpha
> [ ] Beta
> [X] General Availability (GA)

Great!

Cheers

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.3.24

Posted by Christoph Nenning <Ch...@lex-com.net>.
> > +1 Binding
> >
> > Markus Fischer
>
> Thanks Markus! But I need one more vote from PMC to get 3x binding
> votes :) Still waiting...

Looks fine, here we go:

+1 binding

[ ] Leave at test build
[ ] Alpha
[ ] Beta
[X] General Availability (GA)

Regards,
Christoph

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.3.24

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
> +1 Binding
>
> Markus Fischer

Thanks Markus! But I need one more vote from PMC to get 3x binding
votes :) Still waiting...

Regards

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.3.24

Posted by "info@flyingfischer.ch" <in...@flyingfischer.ch>.
+1 Binding

Markus Fischer

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.3.24

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.3.24

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
> +1 non binding
>
>  [ ] Leave at test build
>  [ ] Alpha
>  [ ] Beta
>  [X] General Availability (GA)
>
> I had an error with the old freemarker version, but after reading the
> release note I could fix it :)
> Then all our tests passed!

Could you also test 2.3.20.1? It doesn't contain new version of
FreeMarker so your tests should pass without modification.

Thanks in advance

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.3.24

Posted by Volker Krebs <vo...@abas.de>.
+1 non binding

 [ ] Leave at test build
 [ ] Alpha
 [ ] Beta
 [X] General Availability (GA)

I had an error with the old freemarker version, but after reading the
release note I could fix it :)
Then all our tests passed!

Good work, thanks.

Re: [VOTE] Struts 2.3.24