Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> on 2009/01/24 21:23:39 UTC

[VOTE] Releasing FtpServer 1.0.0-RC2

Hi

After the release of FtpServer 1.0.0-RC1 a few last minutes bugs was
discovered. These have now been fixed, and this is the vote for the
second release candidate. If all goes well, this is what will become
1.0.0. No API changes have been made in this release, only bug fixes.

You can find the binaries and Maven artifacts here:
http://people.apache.org/~ngn/ftpserver/1.0.0-RC2/

These files was built from the following code:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/ftpserver/branches/1.0.0-RC2/

Good to go?
[ ]: +1, Release FtpServer 1.0.0-RC2
[ ]: 0, Abstain
[ ]: -1, Don't release FtpServer 1.0.0-RC2

/niklas

[RESULT] Releasing FtpServer 1.0.0-RC2

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
The vote for FtpServer 1.0.0-RC2 passed with the following result:

Binding votes:
Emmanuel Lecharny +1
Maarten Bosteels +1
Niklas Gustavsson +1

Non-binding votes:
Ashish -1
David Latorre +1

/niklas

Re: [VOTE] Releasing FtpServer 1.0.0-RC2

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 9:08 AM, Ashish <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [X ]: -1, Don't release FtpServer 1.0.0-RC2
>
> Would recommend to wait a while before this release. We just had a
> release. Give some time to users, to consume the new release and play
> around with it.

My hope is that we can quickly get new release candidates out which
fixes the bugs that have been found (note that this is still a
candidate, not the final version). That way we can get more users
actually testing the version that we will attempt to release as 1.0.
Therefore, I think we should release as often as reasonable and with
two weeks since RC1, I believe we should get a new candidate out.

Posted by David Latorre <dv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maarten Bosteels <mb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Oops, I meant :

[X]: +1, Release FtpServer 1.0.0-RC2

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> [X ]: +1, Don't release FtpServer 1.0.0-RC2
>
> Instead of waiting a bit, as some bugs have been fixed since RC1, I
> would rather see this version released, and wait a bit before
> releasing the final version. It's not really a problem to have many
> RC, as soon as we move forward a GA !
>
> --
> Regards,
> Cordialement,
> Emmanuel Lécharny
> www.iktek.com

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [VOTE] Releasing FtpServer 1.0.0-RC2

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.

--
thanks