Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by "C. Grobmeier" <gr...@possessed.de> on 2006/10/27 16:30:27 UTC

[Dispatcher] Locate theme

Hi,

i read:
http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_80/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher/how/howto-dispatcher-quickstart.html

There is:
"Copy THEMER_PLUGIN/themes/pelt.fv into your project at
${themer.project.dir}/pelt.fv"

So i copied pelt.fv from:
$FORREST_DIR/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache...dispatcher/src/doc.../resources/themes/pelt.fv

to:
$MYPROJECT/src/doc../resources/themes/pelt.fv

Then i renamed it to cg.fv. In forrest.properties i changed this lines:
project.theme-extension=.fv
project.theme=cg

That Forrest can find my theme, i added:
      <match pattern="themer.project.dir">
          <location src="{properties:resources}/themes" />
      </match>
to the locationmap.xml.

Then i commented out search-input, like the how-to said, restarted
forrest and wanted to see the new theme with no searchbox. The new theme
is there, but i have no change at my searchbox. Its still there.

I tried to change
$FORREST_DIR/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache...dispatcher/src/doc.../resources/themes/pelt.fv
to see if forrest is looking here for the theme. But no affect, still
the box is there.

Does somebody of you have an idea what theme i am currently using? I
think i miss something, but i don't know what. It looks like forrest is
taking another .fv file than i expect.

regards,
Chris

Re: [Dispatcher] Locate theme

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2006-10-27 at 21:14 +0200, C. Grobmeier wrote:
> Hi all,
> i have found my problem.
> $PROJECT_HOME/documentation/resources/structurer/url/cg.fv
> this worked- but i must have it named pelt.fv and i must have it in my
> forrest.properties.xml as:
>
>    <property name="dispatcher.theme" value="pelt"/>

This property is used to set the name of the theme you want to use.

If you e.g. use
 <property name="dispatcher.theme" value="common"/>

and have $PROJECT_HOME/src/documentation/resources/themes/common.fv in
your project this local theme will be taken. Now if you want "cg" you
would need to have:
<property name="dispatcher.theme" value="cg"/> and
$PROJECT_HOME/src/documentation/resources/themes/cg.fv (alternatively
$PROJECT_HOME/src/documentation/resources/structurer/url/cg.fv)

So which theme to use is defined in forrest.properties.xml by <property
name="dispatcher.theme" value="myTheme"/> and the corresponding
structurer definition.

> I don't know why this is like this, but in my case everything else
> doesn't work. I haven't tried out if value="common" and a copy of
> common.fv works. I will do this tomorrow.

This is how I am doing it on http://criaturitas.org/:
I have defined an index.fv in
src/documentation/resources/structurer/url/ to make the first page
different from the rest.

http://criaturitas.org/start.html for example is rendered via my local
version of the common structurer. See the source and find <meta
content="common" name="Forrest-theme-name">.. I have a local copy of
common.fv in src/documentation/resources/themes.

tree src/documentation/resources/themes
src/documentation/resources/themes
|-- common
|   |-- css
|   |   `-- cdk.css
|   |-- html
|   |-- images
|   `-- js
`-- common.fv

why I am using the common? because this way if I need to override a
common contract I can just place it in the html dir and it will be the
default implementation for all themes I may develop.

> If you can explain that to me- i am eager to hear :-)
> Thanks for your help,

Hope this explains it a wee bit. Please keep on asking.

You may want to send patches for our documentation if you find something
unclear.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: [Dispatcher] Locate theme

Posted by "C. Grobmeier" <gr...@possessed.de>.
Hi all,

Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> le 27/10/2006 17:04 C. Grobmeier a écrit :
>> hm, i didn't get the correct theme. meanwhile i am quite sure it's
>> some kind of problem with my locationmap- can you help me?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Chris
>>
>> C. Grobmeier wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> found a mail from Gav.., he wrote:
>>>
>>> "So it seems I needed to enable :-
>>>
>>> project.content-dir=src/documentation
>>> project.xdocs-dir=${project.content-dir}/content/xdocs
>>> project.resources-dir=${project.content-dir}/resources

Re: [Dispatcher] Locate theme

Posted by "C. Grobmeier" <gr...@possessed.de>.
> Try to copy it in
> $PROJECT_HOME/documentation/resources/structurer/url/pelt.fv

I copy it into the suggested directory, with my custom name. Now there
is no theme applied, i look at a "ugly" Page. I tried it with:

<match pattern="themer.project.dir">  <location
src="{properties:resources}/themes" />  </match>

and without.
When i first started with forrest run, i got this error:

cocoon://resolve.contract.html.siteinfo-credits; Zeilennummer0;
Spaltennummer0; Unbekannter Fehler in XPath.
cocoon://resolve.contract.html.siteinfo-credits; Zeilennummer0;
Spaltennummer0; org.apache.xpath.objects.XString

"Unbekannter Fehler in XPath." means "unknown error in...".
I commented out this contract, the errormessage disappeared. But the
theme is not applied yet.

Any other hints?
Thanks!
Chris