Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2013/04/08 22:31:51 UTC

[FalconJX][FlexJS] imports != require?

Erik,

I haven’t found the code yet, but the FlexJS output seems to be using import statements as a way of setting up the goog.requires.  The closure compiler subsequently doesn’t like wild card imports

    import foo.bar.*;

And I think it will miss same-package class dependencies, unless that is being picked up somewhere else (and of course, will report unnecessary requires if you haven’t cleaned up your imports.

FalconJS built up a list of dependencies as they were discovered by the compiler.  This seems to be sufficient for the two test cases I’m working with.  Any objections to switching away from imports to something more like how FalconJS does it?

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [FalconJX][FlexJS] imports != require?

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
None of my test cases (and none of my real world code, I think they're
lazy) uses wildcard imports, so I wasn't aware of this. But since they
are a feature of AS, we need to be able to handle them. The compiler
seems to be the proper handler for this, so I'll have a look at how
FalconJS does this and see how we might re-use your solution.

Added to the list.

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software