Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Seif Eddine Jemli <se...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/30 14:39:55 UTC

instance creation

Hi,

i want to create an instance, there were no templates detected.

i decided to use ISO. in which directory should i put the ISO so thatt i
can be detected by the cloudstack UI?

thanks

RE: instance creation

Posted by Oliver Leach <Ol...@tatacommunications.com>.
Getting there... Once the ISO has downloaded successfully, you need to deploy a VM using the ISO you uploaded. Follow these guide lines.

Add instance > select ISO bullet > click next > Click on either the Featured / Community or My ISOs tab > find your ISO > then continue with the add instance wizard.

If you still can't see your ISO, make sure you are logged in as the user who uploaded the ISO, or if not, make sure the ISO is public and / or featured. If it still doesn't appear, make sure the ISO download has completed successfully.

This should help

http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.1-incubating/html/Admin_Guide/creating-vms.html

Just a note on your ISO image OS type. It is set to centos 6.0 64bits. If the VM fails to boot correctly, you can try Other Linux 64bit.

Oliver

Posted by Seif Eddine Jemli <se...@gmail.com>.

RE: instance creation

Re: instance creation

Posted by Seif Eddine Jemli <se...@gmail.com>.
Name: templateA

RE: instance creation

Posted by Oliver Leach <Ol...@tatacommunications.com>.

Re: instance creation

Posted by Seif Eddine Jemli <se...@gmail.com>.

RE: instance creation

Posted by Oliver Leach <Ol...@tatacommunications.com>.
So you need to have the ISO image on a web server. Then you can use the HTTP url of the iso image. If this is internal webserver, you will need to ensure the global setting secstorage.allowed.internal.sites is set to allow the internal webserver IP address (format of x.x.x.x/x). This webserver needs to be accessible by the SSVM - once you have set up the webserver (you can even run apache on the CS MGMT server), try to telnet to the webserver from the SSVM on port 80.

A much easier way would be to upload the ISO from a public external mirror, for example for centos 6.4 use http://mirrors.ukfast.co.uk/sites/ftp.centos.org/6.4/isos/x86_64/CentOS-6.4-x86_64-minimal.iso

Oliver

Re: instance creation

Posted by Seif Eddine Jemli <se...@gmail.com>.

RE: instance creation