Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Ellen Chou <el...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/05 23:55:47 UTC

How to enable my Apache module with root access?

Dear Apache developers,

I have developped an Axis2C Soap service and successfully deployed in Axis2C
simple http server.  But when I deployed my service in Apache web server
2.2, my service is not functioning properly.  The reason is because my
service needs to call some in-house library that requires root access yet
Apache does not allow root access, therefore my service does not function
properly.

Is there any way I can load mod_axis2c.so in root?  Or anyway I can get
around it?

Please help.

Thanks,
Ellen

Re: How to enable my Apache module with root access?

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Yes, you are right. It seems that Apace doesn't allow running with root
access. There is another directive called LoadFile. You can specify the
other libraries that require root access in the LoadFile directive. I'm not
sure weather this will work. But please give it a try.

Supun..

--
Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc

Re: How to enable my Apache module with root access?

Posted by Ellen Chou <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Supun,

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc

Re: How to enable my Apache module with root access?

Posted by Milinda Pathirage <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
If your running Apache on Linux try to add apache user to root users group.
In debian based distros you can try to add Apache user to group that have
sudo access. But it's not recommended to run Apache with root privileges.

Thanks
Milinda

--
http://mpathirage.com
http://wso2.org "Oxygen for Web Service Developers"

Re: How to enable my Apache module with root access?

Posted by Dumindu Pallewela <pa...@gmail.com>.