Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by hiten pandya <hp...@lycos.co.uk> on 2001/10/12 23:34:55 UTC

cursor-based apache install system.

hi all,

do u think, it would be nice if we had a cursor based install
system for the httpd-2.0 server.

we could put the following types of installs:

 - Build from CVS
 - Get the latest RELEASE version from Apache Site
 - Build from latest release sources

and stuff like that, it could also provide an option for finding
the nearest mirror for donwloading the source and the other
stuff....

hey guys, think bout it.. and gimme a mail back...

thanks....
if u do like it.. i will start a project at sourceforge for it.. under
the apache license... and we can all do it together....

Hiten Pandya
hpandya@lycos.co.uk

Free E-mail - Lycos UK - http://www.lycos.co.uk
Get your domain for £9.90 - http://lycos.uk.domainnames.com/default.asp?caller=lycos_ef