Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Ashutosh Arora <ar...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/11/07 23:18:03 UTC

Apache SOAP and JSSE

Hi!

I'm researching Apache SOAP to figure out if I can use any JSSE with Apache
SOAP on client side. I understand previous releases were using Sun's JSSE
directly. Is there any compile-time or run-time dependency with Sun's JSSE?

I looked at the code. It does not seems to me that there is any run-time
dependency. However there is a compile time dependency. In
org.apache.soap.util.net.SSLUtils

I see a reference tosun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.userAgent
Is this reference intentional? Or this is just a left over. I think we
should fix this, if it is just a left over.

Let me know.
Thanks
-Ashutosh

Re: Apache SOAP and JSSE

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
You are right: the use of that field from Sun's JSSE implementation is
unnecessary.  I will remove it.

Scott Nichol

Re: Apache SOAP and JSSE

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.