Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Renzo Tomaselli <re...@tecnotp.it> on 2008/06/04 12:51:27 UTC

[Trinidad] building dropdown menus using popup panels

Hi, till now I used the component t:jscookmenu from Tomahawk, since it
seems the only drop-down menu available around.
However it adds a number of spread files in a page - while not
supporting disabled items.
In theory Trinidad should have all is needed to build such menus -
although a straight component is missing.
I mean popupPanel (hovering mode) + navigationPane (list hint) + PPR.
This way the action of hovering on any item would open a new,
lower-level popupPanel through PPR, according to any hierarchical menu
model.
It's likely that some position fixing through js is needed to properly
show panels aside.
Did anybody try this combination or is there any reason why it shouldn't
work ?
Thanks -- Renzo

Re: [Trinidad] building dropdown menus using popup panels

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Andrew Robinson
<an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No reason I can think of that it would not work, but there are VERY
> few developers on Trinidad that make new components or enhance
> existing ones. Most Trinidad work is on the framework and not the
> components unfortunately. So you can propose it, but it could be a
> very long time before anything gets implemented. Heck, look how many

help is always welcome ;-)

> UIX style renderers still exist

yep. matter of lacking time....

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: [Trinidad] building dropdown menus using popup panels

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.