Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net> on 2003/04/29 21:22:20 UTC

Re: svn commit: rev 5762 - branches/cvs2svn-kfogel/tools/cvs2svn

Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> writes:
> Style-nit-alert: rather than a bunch of .write() calls, I tend to do:
>
>   self.dumpfile.write('K 14\n'
>                       'svn:executable\n'
> 		      'V 1\n'
> 		      '*\n')
>
> The standard string pasting makes that work quite well, and the parens let
> the newlines slide right in without a hassle.

Ah, just what I was looking for, thanks.

> > +    # The content length is the length of property data, text data,
> > +    # and any metadata around/inside around them.
> > +    self.dumpfile.write(string.rjust(str(length + props_len), 16))
>
> I've never been clear why string.rjust exists. You can just do:
>
>   self.dumpfile.write('%16d' % (length + props_len))

That'd be simpler, will do.  It's what I would have done in C... Maybe
I instinctively avoided it in Python or something :-).

-K

Re: svn commit: rev 5762 - branches/cvs2svn-kfogel/tools/cvs2svn

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 04:22:20PM -0500, Karl Fogel wrote:
> Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> writes:
> > I've never been clear why string.rjust exists. You can just do:
> >
> >   self.dumpfile.write('%16d' % (length + props_len))
>
> That'd be simpler, will do.  It's what I would have done in C... Maybe
> I instinctively avoided it in Python or something :-).

hehe... most likely, just unsure whether it works as you'd like. Before
posting, I actually double-checked the string.rjust() vs the % operator in
an interactive Python session.

Those interactive sessions are da bom... :-)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/