Posted to dev@wayang.apache.org by Alexander Alten <al...@databloom.ai> on 2023/01/20 14:40:08 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Travis is needed ?

Hi,

INFRA discontinues Travis, we need to discuss a timeline to move either to GitHub actions or Jenkins, or other tools the ASF provides. I saw that our website repo already has an .asf.yml, which is used for GH actions.

—Alex

--
databloom AI, Inc.

3401 N. MIAMI AVE. STE 230
33127 Miami, Florida
United States

--  Please consider the environment before printing this
email --

Disclaimer:
The content of this message is confidential. If you
have received it by mistake, please inform us by an email reply and then
delete the message. It is forbidden to copy, forward, or in any way reveal
the contents of this message to anyone. The integrity and security of this
email cannot be guaranteed over the Internet. Therefore, the sender will
not be held liable for any damage caused by the message.

Re: [DISCUSS] Travis is needed ?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Admittedly I don��t know a single Project, where Travis has not proven to be a source of random CI �� All projects I know that have been using it, have migrated to GitHub Actions.

Chris

From: Alexander Alten <al...@databloom.ai>
Date: Saturday, 21. January 2023 at 08:45
To: dev@wayang.apache.org <de...@wayang.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Travis is needed ?

[cid:C97CA163-1C38-403A-8AED-BEFC30A4DAEC]
apache/incubator-wayang-website: Apache Wayang is an Cross-Platform processing system<https://github.com/apache/incubator-wayang-website>
github.com<https://github.com/apache/incubator-wayang-website>

[cid:9E4715A0-B2B1-4F3A-BB65-6ACB703A1444]
fixed website link by 2pk03 �� Pull Request #18 �� apache/incubator-wayang-website<https://github.com/apache/incubator-wayang-website/pull/18/checks?check_run_id=10774244203>
github.com<https://github.com/apache/incubator-wayang-website/pull/18/checks?check_run_id=10774244203>

On 21. Jan 2023, at 08:43, Jorge Arnulfo Quian�� Ruiz <qu...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi guys,

But, wasn��t travis already been removed? :p

IMHO GitHub actions seems to be a good way to go :)

Best,
Jorge

On 20 Jan 2023, at 15.40, Alexander Alten <al...@databloom.ai> wrote:

Hi,

INFRA discontinues Travis, we need to discuss a timeline to move either to GitHub actions or Jenkins, or other tools the ASF provides. I saw that our website repo already has an .asf.yml, which is used for GH actions.

��Alex

On 21. Mar 2022, at 14:05, Bertty Contreras <be...@databloom.ai> wrote:

Hi Folks,

I will remove Travis then :D.