Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rémy Sanlaville <re...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/04 17:55:08 UTC

War Overlays and resources filtering

Hi,

I have multiple web applications who share common resources.
So I use the war overlays mechanism (
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/overlays.html)

All seems ok except for common properties files that I want to filter when
creating the web applications.
For instance :
My common war
war-common.war
   -- WEB-INF\classes\application.properties (which contains for instance
title.main=Prototype ${project.name})

I would like to create the web application mywebapp1
mywebapp1.war
   -- WEB-INF\classes\application.properties (which contains the filtering
property title.main=Prototype myweapp1)

But I didn't find how to do it.

Rémy

Re: War Overlays and resources filtering

Posted by Rémy Sanlaville <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Olivier,

Thanks for your suggestion.
Unfortunately it's not working, so I have opened an issue : MWAR-143 (
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MWAR-143).
You will find an example in attachment in order to reproduce the problem.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Overlay configuration has a filtered element.

<overlay>
  <groupId>zipGroupId</groupId>
  <artifactId>zipArtifactId</artifactId>
  <targetPath>scripts</targetPath>
  <filtered>true</filtered>
</overlay>

If it doesn't work please load an issue.

--
Olivier