Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Suresh Tummala [TEMP]" <Su...@Sun.COM> on 2001/04/12 18:42:00 UTC

RE: reg Type1 font on solaris

Hi
we developed  an application which is using fop to generate pdf files from xml
data.WE are using fop0.14 version.

Now we are going for Internationalisation.So my application should support
Russian,Korean,japanese,Chinese char sets.

I installed fop0.18 and looked  into the example of cid-fonts.fo. I tried some
ttf fonts from my openwin/lib/X11/fonts/TruType/*.ttf. I created font metrics
files and made entries in conf/userconfig.xml and ran fop with -c
conf/userconfig.xml option(according to documentation).

I used the cid-fonts.fo file  and instead of MSGothic I put font names for which
I created font metrics  file .I am getiing blank in the japanese characters
place. I cann't download MSGothic font because it is an exe file.My machine is
solaris 7.

I looked for ttf fonts in net,but I couldn't find hardly any.Can any body tell
me where I can find the TrueType fonts which are freely downloadable and can
support Russian,Japanese,Chinese characters.This will help me alot in my
application.

With Thanks
Suresh.

Lekha.Shankara@ebay.sun.com