Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Jörn Heid <he...@creativisions.de> on 2000/06/21 14:56:06 UTC

Problem with EntityResolver

Sorry, couldn't find a users mailinglist.

I've written an xml editor which runs as an application and as an applet.
The application mode works great.
For the applet mode I use JSPs to communicate. As I also uses Cocoon, the
applet gets the xml code as a parameter.

The problem is that in my xml file the dtd is located in ../dtd/test.dtd.
Example:
  c:\1\2\test.xml
  c:\1\dtd\test.dtd

In the application mode the systemID in the resolver is correct:
file:/c:/1/dtd/test.dtd.

In the applet version the systemID is file:/dtd/test.dtd.

I thought it should be file:/../dtd/test.dtd.

How can I solve this problem (perhaps setting the virtual path
/1/2/test.xml).
I want to load the dtd via webserver, so I need to know that the dtd is
located ../dtd/test.dtd, relative to the xml file.

Thanks in advance,
JOERN_HEID