Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Gauthier, Alexander" <Al...@Teradata.com> on 2011/10/18 02:41:24 UTC

Building and adding new Datanode

Hi guys, noob questions;

What do I need to install a new node soon to be added to a cluster and
how do I add it? I'm using CDH3 distribution.

Thank you!!

Alex Gauthier

Engineering Manager
Teradata Corp.
Mobile: 510-427-5447
Office: 858-485-2144
fax: 858-485-2581
www.teradata.com <http://www.teradata.com>

Re: Building and adding new Datanode

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Ivan,

Yes, that is correct, its the DataNode that initiates the heartbeating process.

--
Harsh J

Re: Building and adding new Datanode

Posted by Iv...@emc.com.