Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Lars Engel <en...@ivs.tu-berlin.de> on 2004/06/11 15:45:26 UTC

Plug-in Question

Hi there,

i have a problem with deploying a plug-in (query string handler) for
axis. Following steps I performed:

1) Installed axis (1.2beta) in Tomcat (4.1.30). Tomcat & axis are up and
running, happyaxis seems to report no errors. This means all core and
optional components are present and xerces is used.

2) Put the following entry into the server-config.wsdd:

<transport name="http">
    <parameter name="qs:damls"
value="de.tuberlin.ivs.damls.QSDamlSHandler"/>
</transport>

Optionally I kept the default entries as for wsdl, name and so on. The
referenced class I put in a jar into axis lib-dir.

3) I tried to call a service and appended an '?damls', e.g.:
'http://localhost:8080/axis/services/Version?damls'

QSDamlSHandler should do nothing but print something out. But nothing
happens. If I modify entries for '?wsdl' axis doesn't care. Have I
forget anything or did anything wrong?

Thanks for your reply & Best regards,

Lars.