Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/29 19:15:17 UTC

Missing operators in the docs

Hey committers,

I noticed that some of the operators are missing from the API reference
part of the docs (HiveOperator for instance). I'm guessing a committer
generated / pushed the docs with some libs missing and that the operators
depending on those missing libs got skipped.

We may have to improve the doc-generation wiki page or make a bulletproof
shell script that ensures all libs are installed prior to generating the
docs.

Max

Re: Missing operators in the docs

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.
Nice, thanks for fixing this!

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.
@ashb Yes, we are mocking out some of the Google Cloud modules in
docs/conf.py .

Posted by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org>.
There's a setting available for sphinx projects where imports/modules can be mocked - it might be worth exploring http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/usage/extensions/autodoc.html?highlight=autodoc_mock_imports#confval-autodoc_mock_imports <http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/usage/extensions/autodoc.html?highlight=autodoc_mock_imports#confval-autodoc_mock_imports> for some of the harder-to-install modules?

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.
Looks like both.