Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Kirk, Laurence" <la...@jpmorgancazenove.com> on 2008/12/19 13:14:46 UTC

Clearing login details from browser

I have  apache  acting as a proxy and providing authentication to a
JBoss application server . I time out sessions in JBoss  but I think the
browser is storing the login details as the user can carry on without
having to log in again.
Is there a way to force the browser to delete login details , or for
apache to force reauthentication when there is a new session ?
Has anyone else come across this situation ?

Thanks,
Laurence

This e-mail is confidential and is for the addressee only.  Please refer to www.jpmorgancazenove.com/disclaimers/jpmorgancazenove.htm for important disclaimers and the firm's regulatory position.

Re: Clearing login details from browser

Posted by Sheldon Ross <sr...@simmgene.com>.
IMHO The JBOSS application should probably be handling the logins, if
this application is very sophisticated.
How are you handling sessions?

Posted by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Kirk, Laurence wrote:
[...]
I think the problem may have to do with the current financial meltdown.
Once a browser gets hold of a financial institution that actually
responds, it just doesn't want to let go of it.
;-)