Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Adams, Cory" <co...@paypal.com.INVALID> on 2014/09/19 23:14:14 UTC

Temp queues via Dispatch Router to brokers

Is there a way for temp queues to be utilized through the Router or do all routes need to be configured via the initial config file + the management tools?  Another way to ask the same question might be how can the routers be employed to do RPC messaging without routes being configured on the Router when the Router process is started?

Thank you,

Cory

Re: Temp queues via Dispatch Router to brokers

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 09/19/2014 10:14 PM, Adams, Cory wrote:
> Is there a way for temp queues to be utilized through the Router or do all routes need to be configured via the initial config file + the management tools?  Another way to ask the same question might be how can the routers be employed to do RPC messaging without routes being configured on the Router when the Router process is started?

The dispatch router supports the 'dynamic' flag on source/target for an
attach. With qpid::messaging you can create a temp response queue by
creating a receiver for address '#'. Proton messenger supports a similar
convention, so you can subscribe to e.g. amqp://myhost:5672/#.

If, as suggested in the subject line, the requests are going through
dispatch router to brokers then the picture may be more complicated. It
depends on whether the servicing processes are attached directly to the
broker or to the dispatch router network.

If the services are connected to dispatch router, then they should be
able to handle the replies as is.

If they are connected directly to the broker(s), then the brokers need
to recognise the addresses issued by dispatch router to the clients and
handle the responses by opening connections and links as necessary to
dispatch router over which the replies can be forwarded. I'm not sure
whether any broker at present would work with dispatch router this way.
the qpid c++ broker certainly would not.