Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com> on 2016/03/01 21:40:38 UTC

RE: Important Pending Items

Hi Will,

It will be 100% open source. The $dayjob has blocked the team from working on it recently. I'd like to get some of our ideas into the CloudStack wiki this week before I go on leave for a week.
Rohit has created a repo for us: https://github.com/shapeblue/Trillian
(which looks a bit sad at the moment - I hope to push our Ansible roles for building mgmt. servers and Marvin boxes into it this week also)

Internally we're planning a two week sprint on it starting 14th March. Having to dip in and out of this effort is making it very difficult to get anywhere

I think the biggest part of the work will be to get Marvin up to scratch, the log output from the tests is pretty bad.

We very much want this to be a community 'thing', and we're happy to work with everyone/anyone to get there.

Any ideas on the most effective way to have a number of people on this - I'm all ears.
In the meantime I'll try to make good on my promises to get our ideas visible to everyone...

Paul Angus
VP Technology   ,       ShapeBlue

t:      @cloudyangus<te...@cloudyangus>

e:      paul.angus@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com>        |      w:      www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com>

Posted by Will Stevens <wi...@gmail.com>.
I would love that.  Thank you.  I have done a very high level review of the
code and I like what I see.

Are my current assumptions correct?

- It uses KVM as its base hypervisor and all environments are spun up and
tested on it?
- It currently supports testing KVM and Xen?
- It currently supports both Basic and Advanced networking?

It looks like you have other things supported as well, like; OVS, NSX,
openvswitch, etc...

Looking forward to talking with you.  :)

Cheers,

Re: Important Pending Items

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.
Thanks Sanjeev, I did not realize that the whole simulator was tested.  Ok
that is good...  :)

Re: Important Pending Items

Posted by Sanjeev N <sa...@apache.org>.
Hi Steve,