Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Ranjan Banerjee <ra...@microsoft.com> on 2016/09/08 02:08:04 UTC

Remote debugging of HIVE code from Intellij

Hi,
   I am trying to remote debug HIVE code from Intellij. Here are my steps:
 1)In HIVE folder: mvn clean install -Dskiptests
  2)cd itests/qtest
  3)mvn clean install -Dskiptests
   4)mvn -Dmaven.surefire.debug -Dtest=TestPositiveCliDriver -Dqfile=acid_bucket_pruning.q
   I have setup the remote debugging config in Intellij and have put breakpoint in sessionstate.java
   However I see that the test completes successfully and does not listen at the 5005 port. Can someone give some pointers as to why the mvn test is not stopping to listen at this port?

Thanks
Ranjan

RE: Remote debugging of HIVE code from Intellij

Posted by Ranjan Banerjee <ra...@microsoft.com>.
Thanks for the pointers Peter. Appreciate them:)

Ranjan

Posted by Peter Vary <pv...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Ranjan,

You can try the following query in the apache jira (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse>):