Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/28 03:35:34 UTC

h264 video recording

Hello Sebastian,

Currently I'm trying to switch video codec on client to be H264.
The video works as expected (not sure how quality is changed)
The only problem I currently have related to recording:
While processing recording of type interview we are trying to convert flv
video to the sequence of images using ffmpeg.

this type of conversion is failed.

I did update ffmpeg, x264 and other dependencies to have latest available
version form the git.
ffmpeg was rebuilt with x264 support

but the video made by OM is not convertable

I have tried to make changes on client (playing
with H264VideoStreamSettings options)
but this have minimal or no effect

According to ffmpeg errors:

[h264 @ 0x9c0ce60] no frame!
    Last message repeated 113 times

I guess some info is not written into the stream (SPS PPS)
Maybe you know how stream should be serialized to have this information?

Surprisingly raw flv files (like rec_56_stream_2_27_02_2013_20_19_36.flv)
are played successfully using VLC player on Windows.

Thanks in advance for your help

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

RE: h264 video recording

Posted by Stephen Cottham <St...@robertbird.com.au>.
Looks good, just running thru the install with it now and will update as I go.

Will need to check the differences for Debian but I'll start with Ubuntu.

Cheers

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Great!

Re: h264 video recording