Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Raman Jankiram <rj...@hotmail.com> on 2003/07/31 16:47:42 UTC

Cocoon Confusion/Logging Error

I am porting few XSPs written in Cocoon 1.8 to Cocoon-2.0.4 and I get Cocoon
Confusion error with little information on what the error could be.

I know Cocoon 1.8 provided very clear error messages like syntax error. I
don't see such a thing in Cocoon2 other than the 'Cocoon Confusion' message.

I looked at my logs(catalina.out) and found

Logging Error: Could not set up Cocoon Logger, will use screen instead
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: cannot
create
FileTarget
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.logger.factory.FileTargetFactory.createTa
rget(FileTargetFactory.java:201)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.logger.DefaultLogTargetManager.configure(
DefaultLogTargetManager.java:122)

I am not sure if they are related.

Please help.

Thanks
-Raman

Re: Cocoon Confusion/Logging Error

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Could you try it without the XSPs, so maybe only the standard samples.
Do you get the same error? Have you started with a clean Cocoon 2.0.4
porting your code or the other way around replaced parts of 1.8 with
parts of 2.0.4?

Joerg