Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/16 20:50:07 UTC

Tomahawk 1.2 and beyond

Hi,

I've been testing the simple examples with myfaces 1.2-snapshot and
there are some issues with some components, such as the tree2 and the
datascroller and probably there are some issues reported in JIRA about
tomahawk running on jsf 1.2, but I haven't taken a look at them yet. I
plan to fix this issues in the next days (of course, if no one fixes
them before!)

But I guess we could start to think (or continue thinking) where do we
want tomahawk to be, lets say, in a year from now.

My opinion is that the current tomahawk, as is, should be able to work
without blocker issues in JSF 1.1 and 1.2, whatever the
implementation. That could continue being tomahawk 1.1.*.

We have talked in the past about a tomahawk2. What would that be? One
first step could be to implement the autogeneration of components/tags
for tomahawk. This could help on a kind of first step to converge
between tomahawk and trinidad because eventually all components would
share the same superclasses and, for instance, the same state
management system. With the autogeneration, a taglib for facelets can
be generated too, which is a nice addon for facelets users that don't
have to deal with the additional file. Maybe, in tomahawk2 some
components can be deprecated as well as its functionality overlaps too
much with trinidad or other components (e.g. tree and tree2, the tree
is not maintained anymore).

Well, just to start with some ideas :-)

Cheers,

Bruno

Re: Tomahawk 1.2 and beyond

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bruno,

I'm not really convinced to support development on two branches - one
main trunk for 1.2 should be good, and then one branch for 1.1.
compatibility and fixes to it as well - wdyt?

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at