Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by jo...@fwd.at on 2003/04/28 19:00:04 UTC

context.xml - docBase setting is ignored

Hi there,

I've tried to deploy a webapp using the manager task and used the
following docBase-setting in META-INF/context.xml:

<Context crossContext="true" debug="0"
docBase="f:\tomcat-4.1.24\work\Standalone\localhost\manager\myapp-1.2.7.0.war"
path="/myapp" reloadable="true">
</Context>

When I do a manager app list then, I see that my docBase setting has been
ignored, replaced by the setting to the WAR file deployed( myapp.war).
     [list]
/myapp:running:0:F:\tomcat-4.1.24\work\Standalone\localhost\manager\myapp.war

So my approach to deploy an application which points to an already
installed WAR-file doesn't seem to work.
Does anybody know why or know a workaround for this issue?

If I stop Tomcat and edit server.xml manually, replacing the myapp.war
with myapp-1.2.7.0.war then the application works as expected.

thx alot
Johannes