Posted to api@directory.apache.org by prabhjot singh <er...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/06 12:55:31 UTC

Generic LDAP client + Authentication

Hi there,

I've been given a task to build services which act as LDAP client across
multiple vendors (OpenLDAP & ActiveDirectory to begin with). Basically,
others are free to call these services with basic queries to get all
users/groups etc.

I'm looking for guidance on following points.

1.) How do you recommend on implementing paging functionality? I see this
post on SO and doesn't seem straight forward because of lack of support
from LDAP.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7679556/in-net-4-0-can-directorysearch-return-ldap-results-in-a-way-that-allows-me-to

2.) I've to build an "authentication" functionality as well. This should
also support Simple, Digest & NTLM auth schemes. What's the best way of
going about it? I'm currently using LdapConnectionTemplate.authenticate
<http://directory.apache.org/api/gen-docs/1.0.0-M23/apidocs/org/apache/directory/ldap/client/template/LdapConnectionTemplate.html#authenticate(org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.name.Dn,
char[])>. How do I develop support for other auth mechanisms?

Appreciate your help on this.

Prabhjot

Re: Generic LDAP client + Authentication

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 5:40 PM, prabhjot singh <er...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey Kiran,
>
> Appreciate your response.
>
> Can you please point me on how to perform the authentication? How do I use
> a custom bind request (e.g. Ntlm) in order to support Active Directory
> e.g..
>
> try as shown below (I don't have access to any AD server but the below
should work, let us
know if you run into any issues)

LdapNetworkConnection connection = new LdapNetworkConnection( adHost,
adPort );
BindRequest bindRequest = new BindRequestImpl();
bindRequest.setName( userName );
bindRequest.setCredentials( "secret" );
BindResponse bindResponse = connection.bind(bindRequest);

Thanks,

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: Generic LDAP client + Authentication

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: Generic LDAP client + Authentication

Posted by prabhjot singh <er...@gmail.com>.
Hey Kiran,

Posted by prabhjot singh <er...@gmail.com>.
Hey Kiran,

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: Generic LDAP client + Authentication

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com