Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Gopal Ramasammy-Cook <go...@psyber.wits.ac.za> on 2001/04/09 15:21:11 UTC

Serving static html

Hi

1. How would one serve a static html page through a Turbine action?

2. Is it possible to capture/intercept the html stream that Turbine and Webmacro generate? The reason for this is that I would like to save this to a file for future re-use.

Thanks in advance
Karim

Re: Serving static html

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.
"Gopal Ramasammy-Cook" <go...@psyber.wits.ac.za> writes:

> 2. Is it possible to capture/intercept the html stream that Turbine and Webmacro generate? The reason for this is that I would like to save this to a file for future re-use.

Either get the post-merge content as a String, or pass your own
OutputStream to handleRequest() (which is probably much more
efficient).

Daniel

Re: Serving static html

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
Rafal Krzewski wrote:

> Gopal Ramasammy-Cook wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > 1. How would one serve a static html page through a Turbine action?
>
> You do not serve content from an action, but from a screen...
>
> > 2. Is it possible to capture/intercept the html stream that Turbine and Webmacro generate?
> > The reason for this is that I would like to save this to a file for future re-use.
>
> With Turbine alone - don't think so. But you might use a proxy-servlet
> for that.
> I believe that Jon worked w tool named Noodle, that was used for
> processing of other
> servlet's output on the fly. It is being hosted on http://www.tigris.org
>
> Rafal

When using Velocity or the other template solutions (other than jsp) the
output can be captured prior to submitting it to the http stream.  See
VelocityScreen for an example.

john mcnally

Turbine with INFORMIX DB

Posted by "Jeffrey B. Woodward" <Je...@Dartmouth.EDU>.
I am just getting started with the Turbine project. I have been reading this
maillist and all the documentation that I could find regarding Turbine for
the last few days. I would like to get Turbine and the database pooling
stuff working with INFORMIX (IDS 9.21.UC1-1). I am willing to work on this
and to contribute any successes back to the development team; however,
before I re-invent the wheel, has anyone out there already been successful
in doing this? If so, any pointers would be great. Otherwise,
pointers/advice on how to get started would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
-Jeff Woodward
 Jeffrey.B.Woodward@Dartmouth.EDU

Re: Serving static html