Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave Johnson <da...@rollerweblogger.org> on 2005/11/11 21:16:18 UTC

Roller-2.0-incubating RC1 release ready

And we're almost ready to release Roller 2.0-incubating on Java.Net too.
Below is a summary of release status.

*** Release vote started November 7, 2004 -- incomplete

So far we have:
    Dave +1
    Henri +1

*** Release candidate is ready for final testing

I have built the first  Roller 2.0 release candidate based on Subversion
rev 332637 and made the files available in my personal space ~snoopdave
on people.apache.org (not publicly available):

The files are:
    roller-2.0-rc1-incubating.tar.gz
    roller-src-2.0-rc1-incubating.tar.gz
    roller-tools-2.0-rc1-incubating.tar.gz

The release contains the same dependencies and 3rd party components
as the Roller 1.3 release, and the same un-endorsed incubating release
warnings.

Now is the time to test the release, raise any final issues and wrap up
the vote.

Thanks,
- Dave

Re: Roller-2.0-incubating RC1 release ready

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
I will spend some time this weekend testing the 2.0 release candidate,
and I'll vote based on that.  No objections in principle.

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
OK, I'll change my vote to +0.

Posted by Allen Gilliland <Al...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Dave Johnson <da...@rollerweblogger.org>.
On Nov 11, 2005, at 3:28 PM, Matt Raible wrote:
> Is this going to be an "release candidate" or a final release?  I'm +1
> for a release candidate, but -1 on a final release.  I think it's best
> to let the community try out an RC when we're doing a big version
> jump.

I was thinking that we'd check out an RC or two ourselves, then make a
public release. But I don't disagree with your opinion on this.

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.