Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Weide Zhang <we...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/29 01:42:22 UTC

kafka 0.8.1.1 works under java 1.6 ?

Hi,

According to the Kafka documentation, seems Java 1.7 is recommended. But
for our production environment we are still using java 1.6. Will that be a
problem of using java 1.6 and use Kafka 0.8.1.1 ?

Thanks a lot,

Weide

Re: kafka 0.8.1.1 works under java 1.6 ?

Posted by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly>.
Yes, Kafka builds against 1.6.

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant