Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Arrigo Marchiori <ar...@yahoo.it.INVALID> on 2021/02/18 12:32:04 UTC

Failing downloads during bootstrap [Was Re: Java 8 and Ant 1.10]

Hello Dylan,

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 06:35:34PM -0800, Dylan Pham wrote:

> Has anyone experienced issue with the build script downloading external
> files to ext_sources with ./bootstrap? It's throwing me a 500 Can't
> connect...error but I can manually download the file just fine. This didn't
> happen before...

I think I saw it happening once or twice, and another person reported
a similar problem some weeks ago.

But for me it was non-reproducible, so... very very hard to
troubleshoot.

If you have problems with a certain download, please share its link
here so we can check it from different parts of the world: it may be a
problem related to local mirrors.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
--
Arrigo

http://rigo.altervista.org

Re: Failing downloads during bootstrap [Was Re: Java 8 and Ant 1.10]

Posted by Dylan Pham <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rigo,
Thanks for sharing.  I looked at the downloading external dependencies perl
script and seems like it uses the LWP::UserAgent perl module and I think I
need to reinstall it. Also the Archive::Zip perl module is giving me grief
as well. I'm trying on different OS X platforms to see which will work. I
may end up trying the reference platform mentioned on the build page to see
if it can help in my case.

Dylan